The collective breadth of the experience, qualification and passion of both our full-time Team and our Event Team is what has made us the industry leaders in Event Safety in Ireland. This hasn't happened by accident. We dedicate a lot of time and resources to ensure we're applying international best-practice and guidance to everything we do.
We also understand the importance of both experience and the qualifications to underpin that experience.
Among our full-time Team:
- Mark is currently studying an MSc in Crowd Safety & Risk Analysis
- Mags, Martin and Mark each hold a Diploma in Crowd Science & Risk Analysis
- Mags and Mark hold international qualifications in Spectator Safety Management
- Martin is currently pursuing his Spectator Safety Management qualification
- Mags holds both a Higher Diploma in Safety, Health & Welfare at Work and a Certificate in Safety, Health & Welfare
- Martin, Mags and Mark are members of the International Institute for Risk & Safety Management (IIRSM)
- Mags is a member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
- Mark, Mags and Martin have attended courses in Temporary Demountable Structures at the Emergency Planning College in the UK
- Mags has also attended courses in Working in Safety Advisory Groups, Crowd Dynamics and Crowd & Public Safety Management at the Emergency Planning College in the UK
- Mark worked as a Safety Advisor at Glastonbury
- Mark & Mags worked in Safety Management at the London Olympics 2012, working at the 400+ acre Eton Dorney site, the largest of all the Olympic venues
- We have devised and delievered bespoke Event Safety training for a range of clients
- Mark contributes a regular Event Safety column to the International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA) magazine
- We have over 60 years experience in events, specialising in Event Safety
Our Event Team (part-time):
- are all Garda-vetted
- all undergo our Core Skills training program, which sees them trained in Event Safety, First Aid, Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Disability Awareness, Volunteer Engagement, Traffic Management: Direct, Control & Divert & Child Protection.
- are vastly experienced across a wide range of event roles
- regularly operate as a Safety Management Team on large public events
- 5 of the Event Team each hold a Diploma in Crowd Science & Risk Analysis
- One of the Event Team holds an MSc in Occupational Health & Safety & Ergonomics
Recent events on which we worked in an Event Safety capacity include:
- Glastonbury 2016
- Irish Maritime Festival 2016
- Dublin Pride 2016
- Flavours of Fingal 2016
- HealthFest 2016
- Multiple St. Patrick Day Parades 2016
- Christmas Under The Clock 2015
- Cork Science Festival 2015
- Dublin Marathon 2015
- Race Series 2015
- Kodaline in a Castle 2015
- Battle for the Lake 2015
We have dual specialities in here, both in Event Safety and in running events ourselves, so we know where the middle ground is.
We know what’s reasonable and what’s not. We’re not just throwing safety rulebooks around and making your life tough.
We’re there to make your life easier and to take away the worry about the safety stuff. Ask any of our clients. That’s exactly what we do for them.
We're leading the way
Our Co-Founder & Senior Partner, Mark, was named Safety Officer of the Year at the Event Industry Awards 2014.
The other half of Cuckoo, Martin, was also a finalist in the same category.
Mags in here was ALSO a finalist in the same category.
There were 4 finalists in that category and 3 of them were Cuckoo people.
The 3 of us were finalists in the same category in 2015 too along with Rob, one of our Event Team members.
We are at the forefront of Event Safety here in Ireland.
Our Event Safety Services
We provide a wide range of services in Event Safety including the following:
- Event Management Planning
- Event Risk Assessments
- Safe capacity calculations
- Safety Consultancy
- Transport Management
- Medical Management Planning
- Event Licence Applications
- Site Suitability Evaluation
- Site-specific Method Statements
- Statutory Agency Liaison
- Court appearances (in support of licence applications etc.)
- Bespoke Event Safety Documentation (Race Route Safety Checklists etc.)
- Event Controller
- Safety Officer
- Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) Staff
- Event Management Staff
- Transport Management Staff
- Project Management
- Procurement Management
- Event Safety Review
- Post-Event Report
- Detailed Debrief